Thursday, August 22, 2013

The importance of filters

We are bombarded with data all the time. When you sit to read an article, you can understand it only if you complete all the links it refers to.
So many things seem tempting to read. But, you cannot read it all.
The more I see, the more I realize the need to filter. My brain can only hold so much or digest so much input. So, to stay sane, yet well read, I need to know what to filter, what interests me and how to go about filtering.
My main source of data are:
The internet
Newspaper
Books.

Of these, the internet is the one that needs filters. The tendency to jump from link to link leads me astray. I skim - like more people do. I save articles and never read them. I either finish an article once it is opened or I know it's trash for me. So, I am going to cautiously improve my filter settings to filter all the spam directed at my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment