Friday, August 9, 2013

Illusions

This should aptly be titled "Irritation" :-)
I'm not talking of optical illusion. It's the illusion inside our heads.
I never realized it until recently.
There are people who hog a lot but think that they eat so little. Every meal in our house, I hear this repeatedly. The people in question are those who polish a good amount of rice every meal. I am buying rice all the time.. we eat so much rice. Before every meal, we start with " I don't have an appetite at all". End of meal they have eaten much more than I have - I who started with " I am hungry. I am going to eat, whether or not you eat". My spouse says why do you take it seriously. I do not respond, but I do get irritated with such things.

This brought me to the topic of illusions. Why do we have illusions? All of us have illusions.. about ourselves. The most funny was Anusha Sharma's. She said she always believed she was very beautiful until she shot her first movie and saw herself on the monitor. That's when all her illusions vanished.. Some of us think we're too thin... too fat.. too beautiful.. too ugly... too talented.. too good a singer... too good a cook.. That would be an exhaustive list. I will list illusions as and when I meet these. I don't know what all illusions I have... I will consciously explore those..
As for the illusions of the poor eaters at home, sometimes I feel like starving them delaying their meal or weighing their plates so that they realize how much they actually eat. It's difficult to ignore these statements always......

No comments:

Post a Comment