Thursday, August 29, 2013

Aaruology

Nidhi Jain's daughter Aaru and me:

Me: Aaru, we're going to a hobby store. You can pick some butterflies and flowers and make cards for our friends.
Aaru: Mausi, you should be the one making the card. My birthday is coming soon.
Me: (iio). No beta. I'm very poor in arts. I can hardly draw a circle.

Aaru: (thinks. She wants a nice card and mausi has no talent)..
Me: (She's now gonna give me the funda she gave to her mom that afternoon. "Mama, there is nothing like you can't do. You just need to try harder").

Aaru: Ok. Do this. Let dada do the art part.
Me: (Relieved!!!)
Aaru: You write the Happy birthday part.
Me: (Wow.. she has that much confidence on my writing atleast.)
Aaru: Because I noticed when you were making that list, that your cursive is good.
Me: long gaze................

=============================================================================
We took her to Bistro claytopia and she made a vase. Nidhi said pick something and make so that you can gift to didi and dada. She was a bit confused about what to draw. Nidhi placed another vase and Aaru got inspired from that. She made a very beautiful vase. Then she told "Dada. when you grow old.. like 70 years and your life is about to stop..they will take your house and the vase. Please give the vase to me then!". 
I asked her how she got the idea that people will take away your house after you're 70! She says, she knows.
=============================================================================
Knowledge transfer:
Nidhi Jain: Didu, I want to buy something for you.
Me: Please gift me some knowledge.
Aaru: Places her hand on Nidhi's head.. then moves it to mine..says "Done".
Me: What?
Aaru: I just pulled some knowledge out of mamma's head and gave it to you mausi! You said you wanted knowledge!

Couldn't stop laughing and that night I am dreaming of all my favourite authors and philosophers doing the magic wand thing that Aaru did.. transferring all their wisdom to me.
===========================================================================

At night when she leaves our place she notices that there is no security guard.

Aaru: You don't have a security guard. You need to be careful and guard your house!

==================================================
At Visveswarya museum entrance:
2 adults: I am a little worried if the museum is closed today. Some places are closed on mondays.
Aaru: Arre. Can't you see so many cars parked there. If it were closed why would so many cars be parked in the museum?

Any better logic?

No comments:

Post a Comment