Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Getting away with posessions

The fundamental thing is that one wants to possess, humiliate, and subjugate another human being. This is happening because of a certain level of inadequacy, a certain level of incompleteness from within – that only by possessing something will you feel a little better. Whether to fulfill this possession you go shopping or you go raping, it’s the same thing. Something is inadequate, you want to fulfill this by getting something. This will find all kinds of ugly expressions. It will not stop at one thing.

If this has to change, we need to understand that individual transformation is the most crucial thing. If we are not willing to invest in that, we just have to do with what we have and worse will come. Transformation means, who you are is not determined by other people’s opinions or other people’s presence. In this direction every parent must invest upon their children, to transform them into more inclusive human beings. Inclusion just means this – technically, who you are is not limited to the absolute boundary of your physicality. If it is little more, the very way you walk, breathe, and exist on this planet will be different, simply because your idea of who you are is beyond the boundaries of your physicality. If this one thing happens to the human being, suddenly he is different in every possible way.
So, investing in a spiritual possibility, a possibility beyond one’s physicality, is the only ultimate answer there is. If you want long term benefits, this is the long term answer.

Learnings for me:
 Last year I invested in a bit of yoga and spirituality. I am ashamed that I am not doing my daily practice :-(
I don't know why it is not happening. Lack of control over food, laziness lack of discipline, other distractions - are the cause. I need to minimize my distractions. Else, I will be lost as always. I will repeat the same cycle or reading and forgetting and not following. I should not listen to everyone. I should not read every single blog online. I should read specific stuff. I should avoid hyperactive hyperlinks. I should spend less time on social media, movies, etc. I should pick a few things and focus. I should go off the internet and either practise silence or read physical books which have no hyperlinks. Maybe I should work in the blog section of Isha. My writing talent will improve and I can be in touch with Sadhguru's writing. I may even get a chance to ask him some questions. For some reason, I am a little apprehensive of being with Isha. Somethings about the people there, scare me and repel me. I am not 100% joyous there. Don't know why. I wonder if Sadhguru is my real guru or it will be someone else. I am eager to find that and continue the spiritual path. But, nevertheless, I am extremely grateful to Sadhguru. My initiation into the spiritual world happened just because of him. Maybe, like he said, the efforts of last year's Maha shivarathri are visible on me. I have become very calm, very introspective and better equipped to deal with things in life, since the last 2 years. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment