Monday, September 9, 2013

Coffee with my literary ghosts!

People say they see ghosts.. I, for a change, feel as if I'm dining with some literary figures floating around.. Robi Thakur, Ray bradbury, Thoreau  - every person that I am reading about, thanks to Mario Popova of http://www.brainpickings.org who brings all these authors to my doorsteps and kind of leaves them to hang out with me. Sometimes I feel that these people are stuffing my head with thoughts. Before I write, I am blank... I only have a heading in mind. Once I pick the pen - sorry the keyboard, words spill out of me as if someone else is holding me and making me type. I'm imagining having coffee with one literary giant and dinner with another.

Is this what ghosts are? Is this the infinite intelligence of the world? The play of the subconscious? Is it just inspiration or admiration or hero worship? What is it?


No comments:

Post a Comment