Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Beliefs

People believe in many things...in slogans..in love.. in different ideologies.. even cigarettes!
I am right now a little immersed in spiritual reading. Every thing I read, which wows me, is probably changing me, bit by bit.

The Vedantas state that we are all one consciousness - Aham brahmasmi. Do I know that we are?
No.
Do I know that karma exists?
No.
Do I know that reincarnation exists?
No.

But, I choose to believe in these. I choose to believe that we are all one super consciousness.
I choose to believe Rumi when he says that all of us have this urge to merge back with the divine.
A few years ago, I would have rubbished these. Today, all of this appeals to me. I think I have undergone some shift inside, which is why I believe in these things. I am not sure that I am solely responsible for this change. I feel someone is working on me like a puppeteer. I am just a puppet.


Some other time, I would have dismissed karma and the divine. But now, today, I totally believe in it.
It has helped me find peace. It has helped me calm down and aspire for it. So, as long as these beliefs are making me a peaceful and mature person, I don't mind believing in these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment