Thursday, February 13, 2014

Beauty, grace and ageing

I was looking at a 50 year old lady and wondering, why are we so obsessed with ageing? Yes, the more things you try, the more tanned and rugged your exterior will look but you'd have gained an enormous level of experience trying those things which cannot be got by sitting at home and staying pretty. Right?

Why is it that we give so much importance to this face? That's a price models and actors need to pay, for choosing that profession. As normal people, we should have the courage to break free. Instead of endlessly trying to work on our skin problems we should just focus our attention to trying new things - trek, swim, run...whatever.. these experiences will make us stronger inside...and empathetic.. more human.. What's with a beautiful face yaar? Let your guy run behind the next beautiful woman. Ditch him.. You run the marathon. What say?

We should be proud of our wrinkles and aged skin once we're a certain age. Else, we'd end up like Sridevi - who probably has done so many treatments god knows and wears clothes that are suitable for her daughters.. There is beauty and there is grace and beauty can never match grace.We may not be able to become beautiful overnight but grace is something that can be acquired and believe me, there is nothing like being a graceful woman. Time and tide cannot fade your grace and grace eventually brings more people close to you than physical beauty ever can. So, here's too all the talented, adventurous, courageous women out there...Happy Valentine's day!


P.S: Just like a divine "like" I happened to meet an 84 year old lady and her daughter on the road. For some strange reason they found me amiable and started talking to me. The daughter told me "Oh! You're so beautiful.. and I can feel a positive energy being around you" and I was like.. WOW.. Grace works.. I think when we become calm from inside and clear and filled with joy and love..it shows up on our face. Thank God! I got my affirmation regarding grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment