Friday, January 25, 2013

Waking up to nice thoughts and going to bed with nice thoughts



We've heard this before and I have experienced it a thousand times. When I think about very serious topics before going to bed, I can never sleep. Same way if I wake up with some disturbing thoughts, that sets the tone for the day.
What can we do about this? Simple.
Ensure that the hour before you sleep you do not think much. If you wake up with bad thoughts immediately do something to divert your attention - go for a walk, take a shower, start cooking, read something, listen to nice music.



But.. when you're in a house full of people - that can wreak havoc on these mantras. Today, we had a long discussion early in the morning about what to do with our milk coupons which we no longer use. It was a tiring and boring discussion and I just snapped. Then, I made it clear to everyone that the first few hours in the morning I want to remain free of such silly thoughts. In fact 'no thoughts' whatsoever. I guess my family understood and will co-operate.






So, make it a point guys. Small efforts - big rewards towards a happy life. Stop to smell the roses. Wake up to a nice brew. Nice flute. Let the piano sing your lullaby. Let some flowers smother your bed. Hug your dog or ur child.Cycle around town. The days will definitely be brighter and lovelier.



No comments:

Post a Comment