Saturday, January 26, 2013

My introduction to Shiva





I'm a shaivite by birth - not by choice, not through knowledge.
I had no idea about religion, spirituality or yoga.
In fact my brush with Isha was primarily to join their rejuvenation program to lose weight. Today I look back and feel how stupid I was!
Weight loss should not even be in my radar (not that it is not necessary).
The pre-requisite for the program was that I should attend Inner Engineering.
So, I waited for the program near my house and joined Inner Engineering program in March 2012. I liked the talks there but had too many questions.
But, I followed it sincerely. I attended Isha Rejuv in April 2012. Around July I was able to feel good after my Shambavi. In a couple of months my hata yoga stopped but Shambavi continued strong. The 1 hr I spent doing it (twice) was the best part of the day. Come Nov and after my pregnancy I had to stop as I was eating every 1 hr or 2 hrs. I could not continue. Now, after that episode was over, I resumed by Shambavi. Even now I have to eat frequently but atleast in the morning I manage to do my Shambavi. I know that I need to continue this for life. Doing shambavi and following Sadhguru's words (talks/ blogs) has educated me to face life. I am better equipped in life skills. I can keep myself happy in most situations. I assess and analyse properly. I don't get carried away. No emotional outbursts nowadays (or pretty less). Overall it seems that I went in for something but got something totally unexpected from Isha. I am slowly understanding his words. A year ago I did not understand most of his words.
I have slowly started becoming a fan of Lord Shiva - the Adiyogi.

So many times just faith helps. The saptarishis waited for Lord Shiva without knowing what he'd teach them. I for one, without even waiting, have been benefitting from Sadhguru's teachings. There's a reason why he says,
"Don't ask what will I benefit by doing Shambavi". Yes, please do not ask. Just believe that this person has invested a lot of time and money (and probably earning some also out of it) to organize Inner Engineering across the world!
For once let's not see how will I benefit. That questions kills everything. The benefits of such a kriya are inexplicable. You may not become rich overnight or healthy overnight or great overnight. But, you will certainly feel enriched and enlightened in a strange way - as mystic as the guru.. as his gurus...like the Adiyogi himself.


The one tale about Shiva that Sadhguru often tells everyone is here:
http://blog.ishafoundation.org/yoga-meditation/history-of-yoga/the-first-yogi/

It's worth a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment