Saturday, January 19, 2013

My favourite magz

Last night, for some strange reason I wanted to write about my favourite magz. It's funny.. If you knew me, you'd be totally surprised what Vogue/ Marie Claire/ Elle are doing in my living room :-) Every year, like a ritual I buy some of these fashion mags to keep myself updated about new cosmetics, new luxury brands, clothes, fashion trends, etc. Maybe it's a kind of peacemaking effort. I cannot wear any cosmetic. It makes me look scary and due to the overload of chemicals my skin goes from bad to worse. I am a BIG plus size - so I can never wear anything off the shelf. My legs are so big and flat that it's difficult to find decent sandals and I can only stare.. at most of the beautiful and feminine shoes. Believe me, it feels bad sometimes to be denied even shoes, though I have never had a shoe fetish - I used to feel that atleast shoes are something I should be able to buy irrespective of my weight. But no - I am denied even that. Weight comes into picture even here. With my weight all the stilettos would go poop in an hour. Plus I'd be doing irrepairable damage to my back. So, I do feel life's unfair. I should have been more conscious as a girl - about my hair, weight and skin.. Well - did I mention hair? OK, I don't have anything to call hair. So, even though you may feel hair is something you can dress irrespective of weight, I am a bad candidate. When I had a lot of hair I used to hate it. I hate it when my hair touches my shoulder. I used to tie them up in an untidy bun always. So, god decided that I am not worthy of such a beautiful possession and he withdrew that privilege and now I can only envy women with long, beautiful hair. And, to think that once someone approached me for a hair oil ad in school.. sucks.. Why? Oh, Why have I been so out of touch with the so called idea of femininity?
There's no use brooding now. So, I shall accept my un-feminine stature and carry on with life - pursuing things that do not depend on my weight of feminine status :-)

So, here's the list of magz that I like. I may not like all the issues but once in a while, I do love them:
1) Good housekeeping
2) Lonely planet Travel Magazine
3) Vogue - yes, that's why all the rant above.
4) Occasionally a good food magazine like GoodFood / Savvy Cookbook which is no longer published.

Most of the magazines are filled with ads though :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment