Saturday, January 19, 2013

The year that passed..2012

So, while 2013 has just started, I - like most newspapers do - want to recap 2012. 2012 was quite a life changing year for me. I learnt Isha yoga. I started reading a lot of Sadhguru's lectures. I had always been in awe of the man but the more I read, the more I was convinced. I even started to partially believe in things for him - like the pancha bhoothas, karma, mystic chants, pournami, amavasai etc. Most of all - one of his lines stuck to me. "edhu nadanthaalum naan aanandhamaga iruppen endra ulmana nilai vandhaal - adhu dhaan yoga". Whatever happens to you - if you consciously choose to be blissful and accept whatever happens - that's yoga. I totally agree and this thought has given me the strength to accept the things that happened last year. When a whole year's efforts - time, money, accumulated health - went towards an effort that did not bear fruit - this is what made me happy. I shall aspire for certain things and work hard to attain it, but if I do not get it, that is not going to slow me or kill me. I will accept it gracefully and start the next day as blissfully as I can.
I am greatly indebted to him. His teachings have made me more aware and conscious. I can see a SEA of change inside.. I aspire to grow in that path and make my life joyful each day and bring joy to others as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment