Friday, January 3, 2014

Stand by your man...

This is a really nice song.. and as usual, I listen to songs without paying attention to the lyrics.
But, what I want to write about is - standing for yourself..for the choices we make.. for where we are in life..owning up..and not feeling awkward or sympathetic.

Suddenly why this post?
I have been going to some place where I meet a lot of women. There are all kinds of women there - working, non-working, etc. Some of them were super ambitious and it was very difficult talking to them being on the other side "non-working" without sufficiently injuring one's ego. Why is a job so important? I have no idea. We are conditioned so much that we pity ourselves if we do not work for someone else...for the paycheck.

I realized that I feel so inferior to even tell that I am a housewife. It is a choice that I should accept. Why do I not accept it? There are dozens of things that I have done, which I have felt awkward explaining to people. I realized that I do not have the courage to backup my decisions. I realized that I let myself down, more than others doing so.Why is it so difficult? When we make a choice that is a little unusual, what is wrong? Why should we feel awkward and sympathetic? Why can't we just stand by that choice? If we don't stand for our choices, who else will? I am not saying that justify all the wrong things you did.. It's ok to commit mistakes, but it's ok to accept that it was made and stand by that decision still. This is going to be New Year Resolution 1.

To stand up for myself.
Whether I work, or sleep or laze around...
Whether I choose a low paying job or choose to study..
Whether I wear a torn dress or a well fitted one
Whether I am out in shabby hair or not..
I will stand by myself. I will respect who I am and my choices.
I will not feel apologetic for the choices I make.




No comments:

Post a Comment