Friday, January 3, 2014

Movie dialogues in real life

I recently watched Nee thaane en pon vasantham. Wow.. Gautham, how do you do it?
He picks so many emotions.. he defines his characters so well! First it was VTV and now this.
Awesome work Gautham. I haven't seen NEP again ( My God, I think I watched VTV for 10 continuous days, it just overtook me and clung to me). So, I didn't want to do that with NEP.
But, I think NEP is more my kind of film than VTV. After reading the foll 2 reviews I started appreciating Gautham even more. I have always believed that when you have a scene or a dialogue, it should be justified. It should be there to clear up the character or build up for something in the end. Brangan and Balaji have done a great job at dissecting the movie. I loved these reviews. They clarified some of the scenes to me and why any dialogue was there in the first place. Many decisions and details are clarified in the passing, without fuss. Truly, my kind of film.. my kind of film maker.

http://baradwajrangan.wordpress.com/2012/12/17/neethane-en-ponvasantham-3455434576-7835/
http://balajithots.com/2012/12/30/neethaane-en-ponvasantham-an-introspection/

Since some people out here are die hard romantics, I was musing about the dialogues. There are some superb dialogues in the movie. When you hear them they tear you apart.

Cut...

Back to real life. I get to hear many of these senti dialogues at home. I really run away from such dialogues in real life. You just cannot deliver such dialogues in life. I think a lot of unspoken actions and gestures are what make real life sweet, than these dialogues. Ofcourse there is no Ilayaraja BGM for the dialogues or beautiful settings, but boss.. we'll keep such dialogues to movies. They really sound funny in real life. Also, I think the waiting and longing and musing and songs that we play when we're alone in our house or car, are more emotional than when we actually meet the loved one.
Wondering, if we really need a loved one or can go on with just imagination, since that's what seems more romantic than the actual meeting...the thoughts and imaginations supersede the reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment