Monday, March 31, 2014

Meenakshi Ammal of Samaithu paar fame and other brave women.

Yday I wanted to read about this lady. Someone had mentioned her in their food blog and I was interested to know more about this Tamil cook book author.

What I read, on the website amazed me. This is a woman, a young widow with no educational qualifications, who wrote the famous and first of its kind tamil cook book!

Look at the list of items covered in her cookery book list and you'd be amazed...
Hats off to this lady!

I could not help but remember by own grandmother and her struggles as a young widow - a woman with no property, no education and absolutely no financial security or income... how she raised her three young kids...and how they are all well settled beyond her own belief is stuff of rags to riches story..

Also, another interesting widow with a beautiful window to life:




No comments:

Post a Comment