Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Habits and identities or image

It's fascinating to read some of Reuben's posts.
http://www.gretchenrubin.com/happiness_project/2014/07/finding-it-hard-to-change-a-habit-maybe-this-explains-why/

I think this applies to me too.
I always wanted to be someone who is polite, warm and caring, respects people and never hurts people. I did not like to have confrontations.
Many times I hesitated to tell people they were wrong or tell them that they hurt me. I was ok to be an idiot. I was ok to be a victim.

But now I think I want a different identity for myself. I want to be someone's who's strong and assertive, confident, well planned, not too emotionally plagued, yet someone who should not be messed with or taken advantage of, who is still kind and caring and warm and welcoming, who can argue and still be friends.

So, this is the image I am working towards.

No comments:

Post a Comment