Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Does the body have a mind?

I have been wondering. There have been times when my body has acted on its own.
In situations which it perceives as a threat it freezes. It goes tight and I start behaving differently.

So, let's say I am meeting a person I do not trust or appreciate, my body automatically behaves in a fight mode. I cannot empathise with that person. Even in a bodily way I treat them as a threat - an enemy. I have never observed this earlier but nowadays I do. Our fears and emotions get deeply embedded in the body. When the response is this physical, this automatic even I - my rational thinking mind has no power. The power of the body's response is so high compared to the mind. The mind doesn't have any power and speed when the body reacts this way.

So, I googled the mind body connection and found this. So apt.

A book by Deb Shapiro:

"All your thoughts and feelings get translated into chemicals that fire off throughout your body, altering the chemical composition and behavior of your cells." ~ Deb Shapiro

If you have ever wondered how emotions affect the body, then "Your Body Speaks Your Mind" is an excellent place to start. Not only will you be able to understand your symptoms, you will also know how to eradicate them. This book contains many answers, especially to the following questions:

How do neuropeptides carry information from the mind to the body?
Do all diseases have their origin in the mind?
How do unresolved emotions affect your health?
Why are certain feelings linked to specific body parts?
What are the specific steps you can take to heal the body with your mind?

Your emotions and past experiences affect your body.
Your mind is reflected in every part of the body.
Loneliness, sadness, depression affect your body as much as happiness, hopefulness and optimism can.
Every part of the body is the mind expressing itself through that part.
All your thoughts and feelings get translated to chemicals that fire off throughout your body altering the chemical composition and behaviour of the cells.
Your body takes clues from your mind and language is the path.

So, though I have known these through word of mouth I will consciously pay attention to my emotions, thoughts, feelings and beliefs and how they affect my body.

Some more info from http://www.wakingtimes.com/2015/02/09/mind-body-not-separate/

Our energy, experiences, emotions or beliefs can get energetically stored within the body. 
Our thoughts, body, emotions and feelings are all energy related.

Also http://www.thelawofattraction.com/are-you-in-control-of-your-frequency/
Science shows that everything is made up of energy and vibrates at a certain frequency.
Words carry a vibration. If your words are negative, the vibration will be negative.



No comments:

Post a Comment