Sunday, August 10, 2014

Productivity and household chores

A while ago H and I realized that only when we felt the day was productive we could do things which did not necessarily fall into that category (read household work or cooking).

We could cook peacefully only if our day had gone productively. Else any household chore turned out to be an annoyance.

So, when I read this, I understood that this is how it is with the majority of people.
We need to feel productive, in order to even have a peaceful rest.

You increase your self-respect when you feel you’ve done everything you ought to have done, and if there is nothing else to enjoy, there remains that chief of pleasures, the feeling of being pleased with oneself. A man gets an immense amount of satisfaction from the knowledge of having done good work and of having made the best use of his day, and when I am in this state I find that I thoroughly enjoy my rest and even the mildest forms of recreation.
Diary of Eugene Delacroix

From: http://www.gretchenrubin.com/happiness_project/2014/08/31727/

No comments:

Post a Comment