Tuesday, August 5, 2014

High heel confidential

Yesterday my friend mailed me, asking for tips on makeup.
It's almost a joke if someone comes to me and does that.
But, after I replied, I read it. I do seem to know a lot about makeup.
The yearly ritual of ordering Vogue, has made me quite a "knowledgeable" woman in makeup!
Also, my recent MAC outings and Lancome purchases have upped my knowledge quotient.
So, I realized that whatever I do, I put my heart and soul to it. That's a good thing.

Yesterday I was researching the most appropriate torso, leg ration and found that long legs makes one look good (Surprise, Surprise, never knew this so far). So, women tend to wear clothes and heels that make their lower part appear longer.

Read this: http://ladyshortlegs.blogspot.in/
Saw pics of women who looked so average without their heels. I also realized how one's body proportions, shape of legs, etc can drastically alter one's attractiveness.
But - are we all made perfect or are we even supposed to be perfect?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/10673404/Sex-and-the-City-heels-The-real-reason-women-hobble-around-in-high-heels.html

So, heels, makeup, clothes - all are contraptions to make us look more and more attractive. To make us feel we're not good enough - we can become great with these products. Look at the millions of useless products sold under this category. Can you believe that there are many pressing issues but more than half the world's expenses go towards making one look good?


It is a sad fact that a woman like me is even reading up on all this bullshit and blogging abt it because this is what I spent time on last 2 days and I keep a track of what I do, through the blog.....Really bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment