Monday, August 11, 2014

Dan Millman and The peaceful warrior

Through my NA friend Anand I got to know about The Peaceful warrior movie.
Anand had quoted the movie in an article. I watched the movie and it though it was good, it fell short.
They rushed through so many complex topics without giving a background.

But then, me being me, researched abt the author.
I read the book's reviews. I somehow did not feel any urge to buy the book.
Today, somehow I landed on another of his books.
The four purposes of life. I read sections from the Career part.
It was simple, straight forward advice.
You don't have all the wisdom, knowledge and clarity in your 20s to pick the right career. You'll make mistakes and learn.
Your career may not be your calling. It may never merge at all. That's fine.
Some people use whatever circumstance they're in, to contribute and experience positive feelings.

So, this is the short review of that section. I don't think I am particularly impressed with this author though he does give out some good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment