Monday, October 21, 2013

All about Hindusim

I had jokingly remarked to my aunt during Navrathri that "Don't make fun of me mami - In 10 years I may end up being a foreknown Hindu than you". That was a casual remark uttered without much thought, with just some good intention.

As I am browsing through The autobiography of a yogi and getting lost in it, I also googled about Hinduism and found a fantastic page here.
I feel that one should know these philosophies before starting to live.
Else, life becomes stressful and meaningless. These scriptures lend concrete meaning to life and how to lead a good life and mould one's character.

Hinduism as stated here, is the mother of all religions. It has aspects to suit every type of individual.
It is all inclusive. There is not a single thing that is not covered in this religion!
And - I have been born a Hindu without knowing any of this. The idol worship and meaningless stuff we do, has put off so many potential devout Hindus. I am so proud of my Indian lineage and hindu scriptures today. Everything had a meaning. Every mantra, every symbol, every myth!

http://www.dlshq.org/download/hinduismbk.htm#_VPID_6

No comments:

Post a Comment