Thursday, June 5, 2014

Desperation

Today's topic is desperation.
For some reason, one line in the Batman series stayed with me forever.
"You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand."

I have been analyzing a lot of emotions.
I do not understand the root cause or symptoms or side effects for any of them.
I am reading A Wise Heart and it is giving me a lot of perspectives.

We find some things so abominable.
We cannot understand why someone would eat faeces...
We do not understand so many things.
Many people are desperate..to find food.. for love.. for safety..for compassion.. for work.
It makes them do a lot of things. So, there is nothing you can do once you are that desperate but it maybe a little easy to not get to that state.

I was reminded of Anushka Sharma. I guess she heard a lot of criticism for her simple looks and maybe offers drained out. In her desperation to look fabulous she did a lot to her nose and lips.
Bad for her, it failed. Every heroine today does plastic surgery. But for her, it back fired.

What does one do in such a situation? I am sure her desperation drove her to that.

I only know one thing. I hate feeling helpless. There are very few things that can make you feel helpless. But even they need not exist. The goal is to be so self sufficient that such things cannot wreak havoc.

When faced with so much desperation man turns into his animal nature. His morality and will power diminish. It's easy to be moral when the going is good.

Look at today's environment. Because of huge unemployment and job insecurity people resort to all methods. Most people stay in their jobs just due to insecurity, not because they are passionate. They put up with all kinds of bosses. Look at the exploitation of labourers across the globe. Since these people need their daily wages so badly, they are taken advantage of. I feel bad for such people. I keep thinking, how is it that we generate employment such that everyone gets a job..and there is no exploitation? Because of jobs and livelihood and survival so many people are enslaved and taken advantage of. How can one become self sufficient?

Even I have this issue. I do not want to take up work just because I can earn or have a reputation.
It does not offer meaning. Once it was ok, but as I grow up, it seems meaningless.
How to be self sufficient? How to generate employment?
I have no ideas...Will the cosmos answer?

No comments:

Post a Comment