Monday, May 5, 2014

Effect of meditation

I have been contemplating on the changes that have happened over the last 2 years.
I have definitely become calm and contemplative.
Specially over the last few months, I have started having better self esteem.
I have started to accept myself, with my weaknesses.
I have realized that "I" is all that I have, to bring about any change.
If you don't work on the I, you can never bring about changes.
And any work starts with acceptance. You cannot start a work in denial.. with resistance, with hatred. Can we?
So, somewhere, I started accepting myself. I let go of most of the things that I call "failure". The term itself is extremely discouraging. Just because we color things as success and failure, we suffer so much. If we just look at everything as an experience - without labelling anything, life seems much better.

Also, staying in the now - is happening a lot. It has prevented over analysis and un-necessary thoughts from seeping in.

Another thing is, I have overcome few of my limitations and it has freed me. I roamed around in local buses, in very hot weather and I did not care much about the bodily discomforts and the less I cared, the more free I felt. It let me experience things without getting irritated.

So, overall it looks like good progress. Today, while meditating I was thinking - is this the work of meditation? All the changes seem to be happening kind of naturally. I am not doing anything very specific. I read a lot and think about these things and I have resumed my meditation and it feels like change automatically happens.

During my walk around Lodhi garden, I was made to realize how intelligent and intuitive nature is. Every tree knows how it has to grow - vertical or horizontal, how it prepares for maximum water or sunlight, when it has to bloom, when it sheds leaves, etc.

If a tree had that much intelligence, won't a human have much more?
I believe that every human has a lot of intelligence and intuition to do the right things.
The society in which we grow, our wrong beliefs and ideologies, the fear that is instilled in us, etc make us wretched and miserable. These pruning activities prevent us from blooming and what yoga or meditation probably does is, open up some channels. It puts holes in us for the universal, divine energy to seep in..so that our natural intelligence and intuition can take us forward. So, slowly, the changes happen. We're calmer, peaceful and then the rest continues.

So, I am glad I took up this journey. Maybe this kind of jolt was required.
To handle today's complex and fast paced world, we all need to work on ourselves.
So, though I might have fallen back on my career, I am glad with this new improved self.



No comments:

Post a Comment