Sunday, October 12, 2014

Shopping for clothes

My newfound wisdom suggests that the only reason people want to stay slim (99.9%) is - so that you can get great looking clothes and attract the opposite sexes.

A great many hours across the globe is collectively spent in ornamenting oneself.

As I prepare to fly to the fashion city of NY, I check my clothes. I have some really colourful salwars. Some just too bright for a grays and black city. Some ill fitted.
The old jeans I bought 4 years ago look terrible. Since I've lost a little weight, they fit quite badly.
I am in no mood to invest again in clothes.

Accidentally I searched for something and hit upon these 2 blogs:
http://madamenoire.com/179461/shopping-while-fat-it-must-get-better/2/

http://www.xojane.com/clothes/fat-girl-fitting-problems-how-i-shop-for-basically-all-my-plus-size-clothes-online

I had never thought so seriously about it but yeah, shopping for clothes is a horror.
After seeing their experience I can totally relate to it.

If you're fat, there is a very low chance of finding something that looks good on you. Period.

1) The best clothes are all readymade. You'll never find a readymade if you're my size.
2) So, if you go through the pain of buying clothes and getting it stitched, there is a high chance of the tailor realizing that people like you don't deserve good fitting clothes, you just need tents.
3) In the very rare case that you found a good dress and the tailor stitched it well, either the final product is extremely expensive or it's extremely maintanence heavy.

If I look at the clothes (the so called good looking ones) that I have bought recently, I think the final cost of each cloth has come to 5K!
Also, washing them is a pain. I washed a few by hand only to realize that they dripped color and they're gone!
Even if you dryclean, the fabric fades and loses sheen.

I am left wondering, is it worth all the effort?
I am going to give this a serious thought. Is it worth all the effort?
Getting a dress and doing so much to maintain it?
It's much easy to just gym and be slim and then try something.

But, why is the world so unfair? A simple shopping experience can be so traumatic to people! Heh!
It could leave you quite hurt and only when I read these women did I realize that so many times it has happened with me! It does dent one's feelings a bit.








No comments:

Post a Comment