Thursday, December 4, 2014

Baradwaj Rangan's Kaaviya Thalaivan review

Learnings:
Kaaviyathalaivan, in a way, is the story of the transformation of a decent man into a monster, simply because fate has dealt him a bad hand, and making things worse is the fact that Kaali’s presence is a constant reminder of what he can never be.

So it’s all revealed through dialogue rather than incident.  

These are character shades, but we never get them, because all the film cares about is action — not what one THINKS but what one DOES.

It made me think why I dislike a whole lot of movies.
I am an average movie goer.
I don't claim to know it all.

I like movies with good plots and characters presented realistically. I like to know why a character does certain things. The character does not have to be all pure and noble. Just realistic.

In that sense I liked Karthik in VTV, Nithya in NEP, both the characters in Alaipayuthey.
People need to invest time in each aspect. I think there is so much emphasised on the look and feel and music and costumes and sets than on these.

The recent crop of Malayalam movies that I saw, really impressed me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment